Sunday, September 18, 2011

Beach days

So we took a little beach vacay. We went to the Outer Banks, which was lovely. Had a wonderful week of warm weather. What a nice way to wrap up the summer.
Kite flying:

Although I prefer sunsets, sunrises are nice too. They just happen too early for me.

My father in law fishing:


 Pedicures!


I spent many an afternoon here:



 I've wanted to try a jumping photo for a while. I set the settings up on the camera and had my dad hit the shutter. We got a few good ones. This one is one of my favorites.


 She was so proud of herself because she could turn the water off and on by herself. She really enjoyed washing off her hands and feet after some time in the sand.

Pelicans!

 Clothes pin bokeh. What is it about things arranged in a line like this? I always have to photograph them.
 Would you believe this is the first time I've seen a sea star washed ashore? This, despite growing up in Florida. I thought it was dead, but it was indeed alive. We tossed it back.


 Definitely her daddy's girl, she loves a good cheeseburger.

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOWEEE! So many goodies in this post! The pelicans, the clothespins, the sandy toes - amazing stuff!! Your daughter is just as cute as can be, and I'm so jealous of your beach adventures! We only get to go once a year - boo! :-( Gorgeous shots as always! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've shared so many lovely photos here - your photo of the sandy feet and the birds flying are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful week you had! I would love a few days at the beach now. The sunrise is beautiful and I love the blurry fishing pic, but my favorite is the starfish. That's amazing that you found a live one and the photo of it in the hand is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Love that you captured the sand on the toes!

    ReplyDelete